The D’ni travelled to Earth and the cavern millennia ago when their home Age became uninhabitable. They named the Cavern D’ni and lived there until the Great Plague hit. Access to D’ni was first gained in modern times in the 1980s and beginning in the early 2000s explorers have been travelling to D’ni ever since. Originally the DRC worked on restoring D’ni. However when they left the cavern in 2008 explorers took over the restoration efforts in their absence.
Location: This is the name of the area or Age. If an Age only has one area that has been restored/created then only the Age’s name will be included. For Ages that have multiple distinct locations that are in different phases, they will have multiple entries with each entry listing both the Age and the area within the Age.
Workers: These are the people (or group) who have worked to restore the area/Age or have written the Age.
Current Phase: This uses the DRC 5 phase system. For those who don’t use this system an approximation has been included. Each phase is as follows:
- Phase One: – Initial Mapping
- Phase Two: – Structural Analysis
- Phase Three: – Detailed Analysis
- Phase Four: – Restoration
- Phase Five: Final Pass before approved for a private release.
- Open: Completely available to members of the public.
In addition something may have a phase of “Private Release”. This typically means that Restoration has been completed but it is not available to members of the public.
Access Status: This details how access to a location can be obtained. The following statuses are currently being used:
- Unavailable: This means it is not accessible to full public access.
- Drizzle Hack: Over the years explorers have found ways to hack into the Nexus to create a new category where they’re able to grant access to explorers who have a hacked KI. Locations with this access status are available through such methods. For details on this hack and how to apply it, visit the Guild of Writers website.
- Guild of Writers: This is similar to the Drizzle Hack. However instead of hacking your own KI you simply need to request access from the Guild of Writers themselves.
- Yeesha Released: These are locations that are quite easily accessed and can be done similar to DRC Released locations. However access was never officially authorised by the DRC and typically you can only gain access by going through one of Yeesha’s “journeys”.
- DRC Approved: This is an explorer led restoration (or creation) that has gained DRC approval. These are easily accessible and at this stage require you to simply link to the Watcher’s Pub and from there to Chiso Preniv where a linking book to this location can be found
- DRC Released: These are the most easily accessible areas and can be gained through standard methods authorised by the DRC. Many DRC Released locations are part of one of Yeesha’s Journeys.
These are locations located in D’ni itself.
|Location||Workers||Current Phase||Access Status|
|Ae’gura Aquarium||DRC, The Third Path||Phase 4||Unavailable|
|Ae’gura Arch Museum||DRC||Phase 1||Unavailable|
|Ae’gura City Interior 0054||DRC||Phase 2||Unavailable|
|Ae’gura City Interior 0062||DRC||Phase 1||Unavailable|
|Ae’gura City Interior 0078||DRC||Phase 3||Unavailable|
|Ae’gura City Interior 0082||DRC||Phase 1||Unavailable|
|Ae’gura Docks||DRC||Open||DRC Released|
|Ae’gura Guild Hall||DRC||Phase 1||Unavailable|
|Ae’gura Great Zero||DRC||Open||DRC Released|
|Ae’gura J’taeri District||DRC||Phase 2||Unavailable|
|Ae’gura J’taeri District – Watcher’s Pub||DRC||Open||DRC Released|
|Ae’gura Library||DRC||Open||DRC Released|
|Ae’gura Museum||DRC||Open||DRC Released|
|Ae’gura Palace Courtyard||DRC||Phase 2||Unavailable|
|Ae’gura Spy Room||DRC||Open*||DRC Released*|
|Ae’gura Sunken Vessel||DRC||Phase One||Unavailable|
|Ashem’en District||DRC||Phase 5||Yeesha Released|
|Baron City Office||DRC||Open*||DRC Released*|
|Belari District||DRC||Phase 1||Unavailable|
|City Center||DRC||Phase 1||Unavailable|
|D’ni Figurine Shop||DRC, The Third Path||Phase 1||Unavailable|
|Fehnir House||The Third Path||Open||Guild of Writers|
|Great Shaft||Yeesha||Open||Yeesha Released|
|Guild Pubs||DRC||Open||DRC Released|
|Kahlo Pub||DRC||Open*||DRC Released*|
|Katha Island||DRC, The Third Path||Phase 1||Unavailable|
|Neighbourhood – Bevin||DRC||Open||DRC Released|
|Neighbourhood – Kirel||DRC||Open||DRC Released|
|Neighbourhood – Seret||DRC||Open||DRC Released|
|Neighbourhood – Tehren||The Third Path||Private Release||Unavailable|
|Messenger’s Pub||Patrick Dulebohn||Open||DRC Approved|
|“Restorers” Pub||DRC||Phase Four||Unavailable|
|Rudenna – Bahro Cave||Yeesha||Open||Yeesha Released|
|Star Fissure||Yeesha||Open||Yeesha Released|
|Vothol Gallery||“Rustee”||Open||Guild of Writers|
*The DRC never officially opened this or released it, however a DRC worker facilitated (either wittingly or unwittingly) explorers gaining access to it.